Dr. Pontón is the CEO and Founder of Persona Neurobehavior Group. For the past 27+ years he has focused on the neuropsychological assessment and treatment of individuals with catastrophic injuries. He is an expert witness in the fields of head injury and trauma. Dr Pontón is also an Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at UCLA. He has served as an expert witness for the past 25 years (defense/plaintiff) in hundreds of evaluations. He continues to treat brain injury and trauma suvivors in his private practice. He has extensive expertise in the assessment of Spanish-speaking patients.
- 2005 Melendez v. LAMCTA
- 2011 Sanchez v. US
- 2013 Olguin v. Twin Tires
Bermudez v. Ciolek
- 2015 Huayanca v. Southland Transit District
- 2016 Lucio v. Bonita Unified School District
- 2017 Margarita Reynoso v. PUSD
Erik Morales v. Well-Pict
Susana Anzo Mendoza v. Bell
Jose Flores v. M & N Rug Enterprise
- Pontón, M.O., Darcourt J., Miller, B.L., Cummings, J.L. and Mena, I. (1994) SPECT in Capgras syndrome: Evidence for right temporal dysfunction. Neurology, 44: (Suppl 2), A402.
- Pontón, M.O., Darcourt J., Miller, B.L., Cummings, J.L. and Mena, I. (1995) Neuropsychological and SPECT studies in Alzheimer’s Disease with and without Delusions. Journal of Neuropsychiatry, Neuropsychology and Behavioral Neurology. 8, 247-256.
- Pontón, M.O., Satz, P., Herrera, L., Urrutia, C. P., Ortiz, F., Young, R., D’Elia, L., Furst, C., Namerow, N. (1996). Normative data stratified by age and education for the Neuropsychological Screening Battery for Hispanics (NeSBHIS): An initial report. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society. 2 (2) 96—104.
- Taussig, M. & Pontón, M. O. (1996). Issues in Neuropsychological Assessment of Hispanic Older Adults: Cultural and Linguistic Factors. In G. Yeo & D. Gallagher-Thompson (Eds.) Ethnicity and the Dementias. San Francisco: Taylor & Francis (pp. 47-58).
- Miller, B. L., Pontón, M. O., Benson, D. F., Cummings, J. L., & Mena, I. (1996). Enhanced Artistic Creativity with Temporal Lobe Degeneration. Lancet 348 (9043), 1774.
- Pontón, M. O. & León-Carrión, J. (Eds). (2001). Neuropsychology and the Hispanic Patient: A Clinical Handbook. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Earlbaum Associates.
- Uzzell, B., Pontón, M. O. & Ardila, A. (Eds) (2007). International Handbook of Cross-cultural Neuropsychology. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Earlbaum Associates.
Member, National Academy of Neuropsychology
Member, and Founding President Hispanic Neuropsychological Society
Member, American Psychological Association
Member, American Academy of Neurology (Non-Physician)